top of page

Canadian Experience Class

It offers permanent residency to those in Canada temporarily, and have qualified work experience acquired whithin Canada.

​​​​​What are the parameters to participate?

To be eligible under this program you must: ​

1.     Have legally worked full-time for at least one year, or the equivalent in a part-time job, in Canada. This experience must have been acquired within the last three years in a TEER 0,1,2,3 category job.

2.     Work experience in a TEER 0, 1 category job requires a CLB English level of 7 or NCLC French of 7. Meanwhile, work experience in a TEER 2,3 job requires a CLB English level of 5 or French NCLC of 5.​​ ​​​​​​

Does this modality work for me if I am going to study?

It is the perfect option for temporary foreign workers and international students graduating in DLI with PGWP, who have work experience in Canada, in TEER 0,1,2,3 jobs.

​​​​​​​Is it the same as the International Experience Canada program?

The Canadian Experience Class is different from the International Experience Canada.

The Canadian Experience Class is one of the three programs of Canada's Express Entry system, while in International Experience Canada, it grants temporary work permits to people from participating countries such as Mexico, Chile, Spain, Italy, etc.

​​​​​​​What work experience counts to be considered for this program? Voluntary work or unpaid internships, hours of self-employment, as well as work experience acquired while studying full-time (including co-op) are not valid. Part-time work can be more or less than 15 hours a week as long as it totals 1,560 hours.

You can have more than 1 part-time job to get the hours you need. But, hours above 30 hours per week are not taken into account, in order to accumulate the hours before the due time. ​​​​​​​What university studies should I have?​ There are no education requirements for this Canadian experience program.

But you can improve your elegibility, when you have studied in Canada, and obtained a certificate, diploma or degree at a secondary institution or post-secondary institution. If you have not studied in Canada, but have studied abroad, you require an ECA.

Where can you live in Canada?

You must live outside the province of Quebec. The province of Quebec selects its own qualified workers.​

Do you need a immigration consultation?

Me voy a Canada, it's a Canadian immigration firm. Our Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant, Mr. Alejandro Gonzlez, is fully equipped to help you immigrate to Canada! We are located in the city of Mississauga, province of Ontario, in Canada.

Book your immigration consultation to be assessed, if you meet the requirements of this immigration avenue.

bottom of page