top of page

How can you apply for your temporary resident visa?

The temporary residence visa (TRV) is a document issued by Canada, which is placed in a person's passport to demonstrate that the individual has met the requirements for admission to Canada as a temporary resident.


The temporary residence visa allows you to study English or French as long as it is a course of fewer than six months (Remember to check all the details with your favourite language school about the cost, study program, and location). 

Besides staying in Canada legally, you can use your stay to explore the community or province of your choice to determine if you are ready to immigrate to Canada. To apply for this visa, you do not need to take an English exam, such as IELTS, TOEFL, Duolingo, etc.

Please note that if you are a citizen of a country that requires a visa to enter Canada, you need a TRV to travel to Canada by any means of transportation: plane, car, bus, train or cruise. In contrast, US citizens and US legal permanent residents do not require TRV or eTA. 

On the other hand, a work or study permit (visa) is not a visa. If you come to work or study, In most cases, you also need a temporary residence visa or eTA to enter Canada.

At this point, you're probably wondering how to start your temporary resident visa application process.


Our Regulated  Canadian Immigration Consultant, Alejandro Gonzalez, has helped hundreds of people obtain their study, work, and/or temporary residence permits (visas). So the first step is to have an immigration assessment  to know the answers to these and other questions:

  1. Have you visited other countries? 

  2. Have you been denied a visa for Canada or another country?

  3. Have you been deported from any country?

  4. Are you or have you been irregularly in another country?

  5. Do you have a valid passport?

  6. How long do you want to stay in Canada?

  7. Do you have relatives or friends who have invited you or could invite you to stay with them?

  8. Are you coming alone or with your family? What province do you want to visit, and what is your plan?

  9. How will you pay the travel expenses?

  10. Do you have savings to cover your stay?

The price of the temporary resident visa process varies depending on whether it is a single person or a family, a  history of deportations or denied visas, etc. 

Do you want us to process your Temporary Residence Visa (TRV)?

Click on the red button and follow the instructions. Remember, the payment for your consultation is paid in your favour if you decide to sign a contract to carry out the visa process with us. So it's not money wasted. In addition, you will have guidance on how to obtain the documents you need, and we will do the entire visa process for you. 

Cómo me voy a Canadá por 6 meses?
Alejandro González Canadá

What is an Electronic Travel Authorization?

If you are from a visa-exempt country, you need an electronic travel authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada by plane. 


However, you do not need eTA if you enter by land or sea (for example, driving or coming by train, bus, from the US or ship, including a cruise).

An electronic travel authorization (eTA) is an entry requirement for visa-exempt foreigners travelling to Canada by air. An eTA is electronically linked to the passport and is valid for up to five years or until the passport expires, whichever comes first.


If you obtain a new passport, you must obtain a new eTA. With a valid eTA, you can travel to Canada as often as you like for short stays (typically up to six months).


Foreign Nationals from these countries do not need a visa but eTA (electronic travel authorization):  Mexico, Chile, Portugal, Italy, Spain, France, Germany, etc.


On the other hand, on June 6, 2023, Canada announced the incorporation of 13 new countries (mostly Americans) into the electronic travel authorization (eTA) program.


As a result, travellers from these countries who have held a Canadian visa in the last ten years or currently hold a valid US non-immigrant visa can now apply for an eTA instead of a TRV when travelling to Canada by air. : Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Costa Rica, Morocco, Panama, Philippines, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Seychelles, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago and Uruguay. 

Do you want us to do your Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) process? 

You must have an assessment with our Regulated Canadian  Immigration Consultant, Alejandro Gonzalez.


Remember, the payment for your consultation/assessment is credited in your favour if you decide that we can make your electronic travel authorization process.


So it's not money wasted.


In addition, you will have guidance to obtain the documents you need, and we will do the entire process for the eTA for you. 

bottom of page