top of page

Atlantic Immigration Program

It offers permanent residency, if you have more than one year of work experience in jobs in Canada or outside of Canada, and for international students graduating from a post-secondary institution in the Atlantic provinces.

The provinces are Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland and Labrador.

Which are the requirements to be elegible?

1. In the last 5 years, have worked at least 1,560 hours.

This is the number of hours you would have worked in 1 year if you work 30 hours per week, in a TEER category 0 to 4 job. 2. For job offers in the TEER 0 or 1 category, you must have a Canadian post-secondary education degree or diploma of one year or higher, or its equivalent outside of Canada. In case the job offer is in the TEER 2, 3 or 4 category, you must have at least a Canadian high school diploma or its equivalent outside of Canada. For studies completed outside of Canada, you need an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) to confirm that your studies are equal to or higher than the level of education required for your job offer. 3. You must meet the minimum language requirements according to the TEER category that applies to your job offer, according to the (CLB) for English (NCLC) in the case of French.

The minimum language requirements for each TEER category are CLB/NCLC 5 for TEER 0, 1, 2 or 3 and CLB/NCLC 4 for TEER 4. 4. You must show that you have enough money to financially support yourself and your family.

The amount depends on the number of members of the family group.

You do not need to provide proof of financial funds if you are already working in Canada with a valid work permit.

Can I get a work permit while my application is being processed? If you meet the requirements to apply for permanent residence, you may be eligible to apply for a temporary work permit.

The work permit is only for working with the employer registered with the Atlantic Immigration Program, who offered you such employment. It is valid for 2 years.

To qualify for a work permit while your application is being processed, you must have: Job offer from a designated employer that meets the program requirements. Reference letter from the government of the Atlántico province where you will work.

You must demonstrate that you meet the requirements of: Language. Education. Work experience. International students are exempt from having work experience (unless you are an international graduate), in one of the Atlantic provinces.

An extra benefit is that your spouse or common-law partner can apply for a temporary open work permit.

Do you need help applying?

You must schedule an immigration consultation with our Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant, Mr. Alejandro Gonzalez, if you want to determine your elegibility for this immigration avenue to become a permanenr resident of Canada.

bottom of page